Holy Trinity Parish Church

holy trinity church

The village of Ashford in the Water, which stands on the river Wye, was an ancient settlement which appears in the Domesday Book as “Aisseford”, a pure Saxon word meaning “the ford of the ash”.

Part of the present church at Ashford in the Water dates to around 1205, though there was probably an earlier wooden church on the same site. The local congregation is proud of its church and pleased to welcome visitors; the church is open most days during the hours of daylight.

Holy Trinity Church Website