Minutes April 2019

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON TUESDAY 23rd APRIL 2019 IN ASHFORD SCHOOL

 

Present:          Cllr D Windle, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks, Cllr T Williams, Mrs A Fox (Clerk),

Mr Mark Wakeman

 

37.19               Apologies for Absence: Cllr B Taft, Cllr A Hill, Cllr P Tilbrook, Cllr J Twigg

38.19               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

39.19               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

40.19               Public Participation: Mr Mark Wakeman introduced himself as prospective candidate for post of District Councillor.

41.19               Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 28th March 2019: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Williams as a true record, seconded by Cllr Sidery and signed by the Chairman.

42.19               Confidentiality: None 

43.19               Items reported by the Clerk: 

92.17 1)           Public Conveniences: Details of electricity and water suppliers are still awaited from DDDC. Mr Wakeman agreed to pursue this. The Clerk had left telephone messages for Mr Jason Rowland asking him to provide a quotation for re-painting all the painted woodwork in the conveniences.

105.17 1)         Sports Equipment for Hall Orchard: Ongoing.

126.18 c)         Hedge on A6: Mr Wakeman agreed to look into this.

126.18 d)         Ashford Sign: The sign requires cleaning. Mr Wakeman agreed to liaise with Cllr Twigg.

57.18 2)           Parish Council Insurance – Flood Trailer: A settlement offer of £6511.60 had been made by Aviva. This was accepted and the Clerk was requested to contact the insurance company accordingly.

82.18 1)           Repairs to Playground Equipment: Still awaited but imminent.

07.19 1)           Request for Memorial Bench: The Chairman had arranged a meeting with the family and had agreed that the bench would be sited against Tithe Barn wall at the junction of Church Street and Fennel Street.

07.19 3)           Parish Council/District Council Elections: due to take place on Thursday 2nd May.

08.19 1)           Unsightly Wooden Panels – Enquiries ongoing.

20.19 1)           Signs on A6 – YNot Festival: These signs have now been removed.

31.19 1)           Audit of 2018/19 Accounts: The Clerk confirmed that Mr John Foster had agreed to assist with the internal and external audit of the 2018/19 accounts.

32.19 1)           Flood Relief Channel, Highfields: DCC had confirmed that this will be cleared by 31st May 2019. It was agreed that, if a further site visit is required, Cllr McGoverne would be asked to contact Richard Ward of DCC to discuss.

32.19 2)           Roundabout in Hall Orchard: Enviroplay have been asked to provide a quotation for repair of the roundabout.

32.19 3)           Rubbish in Cemetery: Phil Riley had provided an explanation and confirmed that the rubbish would be removed once the final hedge work had been completed.

32.19 4)           Dog signs in Hall Orchard: To be discussed at the May meeting.

32.19 6)           Trees in Churchyard: A quotation is awaited from Mr Neil Tomlinson.

43.18 1)           Letter from Dr Aldgate re Ancestral Graves: The parish council are happy for the cross on Wilfred Aldgate’s grave to be secured and for a memorial stone to be erected for Annie Aldgate. The grave of William and Mary Aldgate will be routinely cleared by the parish council’s contractor, Phil Riley.

44.19               Items reported by Members:  

44.19 1)           Bin on Sheepwash Bridge: Several requests have already been made for replacement of this bin. Mr Wakeman agreed to pursue this.

44.19 2)           Information Board near Sheepwash Bridge: requires replacing. To discuss at next meeting.

44.19 3)           Replacement of wooden board in flood barrier at the Sheepwash Bridge: The Environmental Agency have agreed to replace this.

44.19 4)           Sign on Hall Orchard Gate: To be discussed at the May meeting, together with other signs.

44.19 5)           Street Lighting Issues: Now mostly resolved.

44.19 6)           Retention of Parish Council Documents: Ongoing

45.19               Planning Matters: 

1)  Decision NP/DDD/0119/0077 – Great Batch: Granted unconditionally

2) Decision NP/DDD/0119/0064 – 4 Court Lane: Granted subject to conditions 

46.19               Financial Matters 

Bank Balances Noted:

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                         £22,656.42

Current Account:                                                                               £250.00

2) to approve payments of accounts:

  1. a)   Jayne Taft £270.00
  2. b)   Chemodex £66.24
  3. c)   Community Heartbeat Trust £73.00
  4. d)   JK Heating & Plumbing £110.00
  5. e)   DDDC (wheeled bin) £107.25

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:  

  1. a)   RW Percival re additional headstone inscription for

the late Mrs Jeanne Lavender Rogers                                 £30.00

  1. b)   The Bulls Head re the conveniences                                £572.00

47.19            Correspondence: 

47.19 1)       Email from Air Ambulance re placement of textile bank: Cllr Taft to be asked to confirm details of the charity bank already in situ. 

47.19 2)         Bin near conveniences: It was reported that this bin is overflowing. Mr Wakeman agreed to try to resolve this. 

48.19   Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will be the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council and will be held on Thursday 16th May 2019 commencing at 7.30 pm in Ashford School.

It was agreed that the June meeting would be held week commencing 17th June. The Clerk was requested to establish the availability of the War Memorial Institute on either Tuesday 18th June or Thursday 20th June.