Minutes August 2020

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON THURSDAY 13th AUGUST 2020

 

Present:          Cllr D Windle (Chairman); Cllr R Akeroyd; Cllr C Harrison; Cllr V Sidery;

Cllr R Spinks, Cllr B Taft; Cllr T Williams; Cllr M Wakeman; Mrs A Fox (Clerk)

           

85.20               Apologies for Absence: Cllr J Twigg; Cllr A Hill

 

86.20               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

87.20               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

88.20               Public Participation: None

 

89.20               Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 9th July 2020: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Taft as a true record, seconded by Cllr Spinks and signed by the Chairman.

 

90.20               Confidentiality: None

 

91.20               Items reported by the Clerk:

 

91.20 1)           Public Conveniences: The conveniences will be re-opened on 15 08 20. Appropriate signage is in place and a risk assessment has been completed. A cleaning log will be maintained.

 

91.20 2)           Play Area:

 

91.20 2a)         Roundabout in Hall Orchard: Undergoing repair.

 

91.20 2b)         Quotation from Mr Phil Riley: A quotation had been received of £740.00 for repairs to playground equipment and £345.00 for installation of new fence panels. This quotation was approved and accepted. The Clerk was requested to arrange for the works to be completed as soon as possible.

 

91.20 2c)         Picnic Tables: It was agreed that the picnic tables require re-varnishing. It was also agreed that a sign would need to be erected asking members of the public to observe social distancing.

 

32.19 4)           Dog signs in Hall Orchard, Sign on Hall Orchard Gate and other signs: It was agreed that new signs are probably required and that these will need to be the same as those used in Bakewell.

 

16.20 2)           Culvert at Highfields: Cllr Wakeman agreed to arrange a site meeting with DCC representatives.

 

121.19 1)         Usage of Telephone Kiosk: It had been confirmed that the kiosk does have an electricity supply. It was suggested that the kiosk could be used as a book exchange venue.

 

20.20 3)           Damaged Picnic Table in Hall Orchard: Now repaired.

 

31.20 2)           2019/20 parish council accounts: Submitted to the external auditor.

 

56.20 2)           Ornamental Flower Bed: An invoice is still awaited for the flowers.

 

68.20 5)           Fly tipping alongside A6: Issue now resolved.

 

68.20 9)           Removal of Disposable BBQs: Cllr Wakeman reported that the signs in Bakewell had been removed as the rule was not enforceable.

 

68.20 10)         Keys to post at Hall Orchard: Cllr Windle had been unable to obtain additional keys. It was agreed that a key safe would be installed on the wall of the conveniences which would contain one key. Cllr Windle and Phil Riley will also both hold a key.

 

68.20 12)         Speeding motor bikes on the A6: A speed-watch group is being set up, following which a volunteer day will be arranged.

 

68.20 13)         Japanese Knotweed spreading to cemetery: To continue to be monitored.

 

68.20 14)         Website Compliance: The Clerk had contacted the website advisor, Gareth Pugh, who is providing advice.

 

80.20 1)           Ashford Adder: Whilst the parish council are in agreement with the principle of making this a permanent fixture, it was acknowledged that mowing is an issue. The Clerk was requested to contact the Ashford resident concerned to establish how other parishes have addressed this issue.

 

80.20 2)           Pavement on A6 between Buxton Road and village – overgrown: Now cleared.

 

80.20 4)           Highfields Flood Channel: Cllr Wakeman is arranging a site meeting with DCC representatives.

 

91.20 3)           Letter from Ashford resident regarding traffic issues in the village: Cllr Windle had carried out a number of snap traffic surveys, the results of which will be sent to the resident concerned. If a more detailed survey is required, the parish council are willing to assist.

 

91.20 4)           Letter from Ashford resident regarding traffic issues on Hill Cross, and drainage ditch: Cllr Twigg had responded to this.

 

91.20 5)           Country Life feature focusing on Ashford: Cllr Windle reported that, as agreed, he had provided the information required.

 

91.20 6)           Email from Peak Park re complaint from Ashford resident re residue from ditch at corner of Highfields: The Clerk was requested to forward a further copy of the email to the Chairman.

 

 

 

91.20 7)           Letter from Ashford resident re flooding: Cllr Wakeman reported that he is addressing this issue.

 

92.20               Items raised by Members:

 

92.20 1)           Grass cutting outside bungalows on Court Lane: Cllr Taft to send details of Platform Housing to the Clerk, who will contact them regarding reinstatement of grass cutting.

 

92.20 2)           Wall near conveniences requiring repair: It was agreed that Cllr Windle would arrange for this to be inspected with a view to repair.

 

92.20 3)           Removal of litter bin on Old Road: In process of being replaced.

 

92.20 4)           Complaint re hazardous pavement on Greaves Lane: Cllr Wakeman agreed to pass details to the Highways Authority at DCC.

 

93.20               Planning Matters: None.

 

94.20               Financial Matters

 

Bank Balances Noted:          

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                         £35,936.77

Current Account:                                                                               £250.00

 

           2) to approve payments of accounts:

  1. a)   Cllr Windle (reimbursement for signs re conveniences) £37.38
  2. b)   Cllr Windle (reimbursement for signs re conveniences) £22.10
  3. c)   Cllr Windle (reimbursement for key cutting) £16.49
  4. d)   Phil Riley £1,035.00
  5. e)   JK Plumbing & Heating £2,544.00
  6. f)   Allen, West and Foster (Audit) £396.00

                                                                          

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments: None

 

95.20            Correspondence:

 

95.20 1)       Letter from tourist complaining about abusive language directed at her whilst visiting the village: The Clerk was requested to respond expressing the parish council’s concern and dismay regarding this incident.

 

96.20   Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will take place at the War Memorial Institute on Thursday 17th September 2020 at 7.30 pm.