Minutes January 2020
ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Mrs A J Fox
Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA
Telephone: 01433 631689
MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 16TH JANUARY 2020 IN ASHFORD INSTITUTE
Present: Cllr D Windle, Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr C Harrison, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks,
Cllr B Taft, Cllr T Williams, Cllr J Twigg, Mrs A Fox, (Clerk),
01.20 Apologies for Absence: Cllr A Hill, Cllr A Sutton, Cllr M Wakeman
02.20 Declaration of Members’ Interests: None
03.20 To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None
04.20 Public Participation: Cllr Twigg reported on the following:
- a) Culvert at Highfields: Requires clearing. The Clerk to contact DCC.
- b) Replacement Lamps: All councillors were requested to email the Clerk with details of lamps requiring replacement. The list will then be forwarded to Cllr Twigg.
- c) LEDs: Cllr Twigg confirmed that LEDs are being used in all locations, including conservation areas.
- d) White Lining Inspection: Cllr Twigg agreed to arrange an inspection and to inform the parish council of the date so that a parish council representative can be present.
05.20 Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 3rd December 2019: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Williams as a true record, seconded by Cllr Harrison and signed by the Chairman.
06.20 Confidentiality: None
07.20 Items reported by the Clerk:
92.17 1) Public Conveniences: Cllr Taft reported that visitor numbers had been low over recent weeks due to inclement weather conditions.
32.19 2) Roundabout in Hall Orchard: Ongoing: Mr Chris Bettney is undertaking this repair.
32.19 4) Dog signs in Hall Orchard, Sign on Hall Orchard Gate and other signs: It was agreed that no dogs are to be allowed in the Hall Orchard and signs will be erected accordingly by Cllrs Harrison and Spinks.
32.19 6) Trees in Churchyard: Work now completed. A contribution of £100 had been received from the PCC towards the cost.
44.19 6) Retention of Parish Council Documents: A form has been sent by DCC, which is in the process of completion.
08.20 1) Parish Estimates 2020/21: A parish precept of £20,740.00 was agreed for 2020/21. A contribution of £3,000.00 from existing parish council funds will offset the final requirement to £17,740.00. A breakdown is attached. Three quotations had been procured regarding the grass cutting for 2020/21: it was agreed that the contract would be awarded to the existing contractor, Phil Riley.
07.20 2) Email from Claire Mills re memorial tree by the river: It was agreed that a further memorial tree could be planted next to the river to replace the one which had been cut down.
121.19 1) BT Consultation letter re decommissioned telephone boxes: The relevant paperwork has now been received regarding the transfer of the decommissioned telephone box to the parish council, at the cost of £1.
114.19 4) Trees: The Clerk was requested to contact The Mill House to express concern about the trees on the mill race which are at possible risk of falling into the river and causing a blockage.
08.20 Items raised by Members:
08.20 1) Flood Resilience Policy: It was agreed that a separate meeting would be arranged.
08.20 2) Cemetery Rules and Regulations: To be included on the agenda of the next meeting.
09.20 Planning Matters:
1) Application: NP/DDD/1219/1345 – The Old School: The parish council has no objection to this application in principle. However, the parish council are seeking assurance that there will be adequate parking on site for the number of expected visitors to the building at any one time, and that visitors to the school will not be parking on the street. The parish council wish to avoid any situations where the existing parking difficulties are further exacerbated by visitors to the school.
2) Application: NP/DDD/1219/1273 – Ashford Hall: The parish council has no objection to this application.
3) Decision: NP/DDD/0819/0934 – Candle House: Granted subject to conditions.
10.20 Financial Matters
Bank Balances Noted:
1) Business Reserve Account: £18,144.86
Current Account: £250.00
2) to approve payments of accounts:
- a) Cleaning conveniences (to be advised) £440.00
- b) Total (electricity invoice for conveniences £73.36
- c) DDDC (adoption of telephone kiosk £1.00
- d) N&G Tomlinson (tree work) £1,790.00
- e) Chemodex £117.72
- f) DDDC (wheeled bin) £110.50
- g) Clayton Fold Christmas Tree Farm £325.00
- h) Robert Spinks reimbursement Christmas tree lighting) £37.79
- i) Mr M Holdsworth (supply of electricity to Christmas tree) £20.00
3) to acknowledge receipt of payments:
- a) Mettams re the late Mr Thomas Brocklehurst £200.00
- b) Ashford PCC re contribution towards tree work £100.00
The Clerk was instructed to contact the War Memorial Institute Committee to request the agreed contribution of £85.00 towards the cost of the smaller Christmas tree.
11.20 Correspondence: None
12.20 Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will be will be held on Thursday 13th February 2020 in the War Memorial Institute.
Clerk’s salary £3,900.00
Clerk’s expenses £600.00
Grass cutting £6,000.00
Public Conveniences £2,000.00
Chairman’s Allowance £800.00
Donations (see below) £800.00
Parish council reserves £3,000.00
PRECEPT 2020/21 £17,740.00
THE FOLLOWING DONATIONS WERE AGREED UPON FOR 2020/21
1) Ashford Cricket Club £100.00
2) Bakewell & Eyam Community Transport £200.00
3) War Memorial Institute £100.00
4) Post Office (War Memorial Institute) £200.00
5) Ashford Well Dressings £100.00
6) Helen’s Trust £100.00