MINUTES JANUARY 2021
ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Mrs A J Fox
Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA
Telephone: 01433 631689
MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON
THURSDAY 14th JANUARY 2021 IN THE WAR MEMORIAL INSTITUTE
Present: Cllr D Windle (Chairman); Cllr R Akeroyd; Cllr C Harrison; Cllr V Sidery;
Cllr R Spinks; Cllr B Taft; Cllr T Williams; Mrs A Fox (Clerk)
01.21 Apologies for Absence: District Cllrs Alyson Hill & Alasdair Sutton;
Cty Cllr Judith Twigg
02.21 Declaration of Members’ Interests: None
03.21 To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None
04.21 Public Participation: None
05.21 Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 10th December 2020: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Taft as a true record, seconded by Cllr Akeroyd and signed by the Chairman.
06.21 Confidentiality: None
07.21 Items reported by the Clerk:
91.20 1) Public Conveniences: Currently closed.
91.20 2) Play Area:
91.20 2 a) Painting: Painting work will be completed in the spring.
- b) Playground Inspection: To be carried out by Kompan in early 2021.
32.19 4) Dog signs in Hall Orchard and other signs: Dog signs had been received and will be erected.
16.20 2) Culvert/Flood Channel at Highfields: Site meeting still awaited. The Clerk was requested to email Cllr Twigg, with a copy to Sarah Dines. It was also agreed that Sarah Dines should be invited to the first part of a future parish council meeting: the Clerk will contact her to establish which day of the week would be most convenient for her.
103.20 2) Speed Awareness Day: The Clerk was requested to include a short article in the parish magazine.
92.20 2) Wall near conveniences requiring repair: On hold until the spring.
115.20 2) Memorial Benches: A request had been received for a memorial plaque to be placed on one of the existing benches. It was agreed that a standardised bench is required for all memorial seat applications and a decision is still required regarding the suggested style of bench.
104.20 2) Boundary Wall and Trees, Riverside Hotel: A letter and 2 emails had been sent to the Riverside Hotel.
104.20 4) Christmas Tree: The Clerk was requested to send letters of thanks to those parishioners who had supplied a fork lift for erection of the tree, and the supply of electricity to the tree.
116.20 1) Maintenance to Pump Shelters: Cllr Taft actioning.
116.20 3) Amendment of Cemetery Rules with regard to Planting on Graves: Ongoing.
127.20 3) Replacement Street Lighting in Ashford: Cllr Harrison actioning.
140.20 3) Street Cleaning Schedule: A street cleaning schedule had been provided by DDDC. The Clerk was asked to request specific dates so that arrangements could be made for cars to be removed.
07.21 1) Notice Board: The Clerk was requested to send a letter of thanks to the parishioner who had kindly repaired the notice board.
07.21 2) Parish Estimates: Following appropriate deliberation, it was agreed that the parish estimates would remain the same as last year. A copy is shown at the base of the minutes.
08.21 Items raised by Members:
08.21 1) Railings outside Ashford School: Cllr Taft agreed to arrange for Phil Riley to remove these.
140.20 1) Telephone Box Usage: Cllr Windle reported that he had measured the available space and it was felt that this could be used to display historical information regarding Ashford. It was also agreed that a suitable leaflet could perhaps be produced. The Clerk was requested to find out about the electricity supply. Cllr Williams suggested a solar light. Cllr Harrison agreed to obtain a quotation for the painting of the telephone box.
08.21 2) Water flowing across A6 from damaged drain near junction of A6 and A6020: The Clerk was requested to send a copy of Cllr Windle’s email to Cllr Twigg.
08.21 3) Loose Barrier on Hill Cross: Cllr Twigg had already advised she would be taking action regarding this.
09.21 Planning Matters:
1) Application – NP/DDD/0121/0001: Mill House – Provision of Covered Cycle Store: The parish council has no objection to this application.
2) Decision NP/DDD/1020/0925 – Tithe Barn: Conversion of Tithe Barn to single dwelling – Application Refused.
10.21 Financial Matters
Bank Balances Noted:
1) Business Reserve Account: £26,222.68
Current Account: £250.00
2) to approve payments of accounts:
- to approve payments of accounts:
- a) Conveniences – cleaning (to be advised) £360.00
- b) Chemodex £73.56
- c) Christmas Tree invoice £501.00*
- d) Cllr Harrison – reimbursement for Zoom payment £14.39
- e) DDDC (wheeled bin) £113.10
* Reimbursement awaited as follows:
Cllr Spinks: £47.00
Cllr Harrison: £47.00
Cllr Taft: £42.00
3) to acknowledge receipt of payments: None
- a) Email from Cllr Sutton re Biodiversity Planting Programme for grass verges: Decision taken not to proceed.
- b) Dog Fouling Signs from DDDC: To be erected.
- c) Email from Anthony Savage re Census 2021: It was agreed that Mr Savage would be invited to the start of the next parish council meeting.
12.21 Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will take place on Thursday 18th February 2021 via Zoom.
Clerk’s salary £3,900.00
Clerk’s expenses £600.00
Grass cutting £6,000.00
Public Conveniences £2,000.00
Chairman’s Allowance £800.00
Donations (see below) £800.00
Parish council reserves £3,000.00
PRECEPT 2021/22 £17,740.00
THE FOLLOWING DONATIONS WERE AGREED UPON FOR 2021/22
1) Ashford Cricket Club £100.00
2) Bakewell & Eyam Community Transport £200.00
3) War Memorial Institute £100.00
4) Post Office (War Memorial Institute) £200.00
5) Ashford Well Dressings £100.00
6) Helen’s Trust £100.00