Minutes July 2019

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON TUESDAY 30TH JULY 2019 IN ASHFORD INSTITUTE

 

Present:          Cllr D Windle, Cllr C Harrison, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks,

Cllr B Taft, Cllr T Williams, Cllr J Twigg, Cllr M Wakeman, Mrs A Fox (Clerk),

 

75.19               Apologies for Absence: Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr A Hill

 

76.19               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

77.19               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

78.19               Public Participation: Cllr Twigg reported on the following:

 

126.18 d)         Ashford Sign: Cllr Twigg reported that DCC do not wash or clean road signs.

 

78.19 1)           Drains: Cllr Twigg reported that DCC now oversee drain cleaning and this will take place within the next month. It was reported that the gullies from Highfields to Ashford Lane are blocked.

 

126.18 c)         Hedge on A6: Cllr Twigg reported this had been inspected. To be removed from the agenda.

 

70.19 8)           Road Surfacing – Dukes Drive: Cllr Twigg reported that this may be completed in February/March 2020 at the end of the financial year.

 

78.19 2)           Vegetation: Vicarage Lane/Greaves Lane: Cllr Twigg reported this will only be cleared if it is causing a hazard.

 

70.19 12)         Bins left on footway: DDDC are taking action regarding this matter.

 

79.19               Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 20th June 2019: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Williams as a true record, seconded by Cllr Sidery and signed by the Chairman.

 

80.19               Confidentiality: None

 

81.19               Items reported by the Clerk:

 

92.17 1)           Public Conveniences: A certificate has now been obtained. Painting is in progress. A coin counter has been obtained.

 

 

 

 

105.17 1)         Hall Orchard – Car Park Re-surfacing: The quotations of £6,000.00 (re-surfacing) and £1,000.00 (white/yellow lining) received from Austin Brady were accepted. The plan for the white/yellow lining was also agreed. The car park will be closed for the duration of the work.

 

57.19 1)           Site Meeting to discuss flooding issues: The Clerk will forward a further copy of the email to Cllr Windle so that a site meeting can be arranged.

 

32.19 2)           Roundabout in Hall Orchard: Mr Chris Bettney has agreed to undertake the repair.

 

32.19 4)           Dog signs in Hall Orchard: To discuss again.

 

32.19 6)           Trees in Churchyard: Quotations of £780.00 and £1,010.00 had been received from N & G Tomlinson. These were accepted. The Clerk was requested to contact the owners of Tithe Barn to inform them of the proposed work.

 

44.19 1)           Bin on Sheepwash Bridge: Not removed as yet.

 

44.19 4)           Sign on Hall Orchard Gate and other signs: Cllr Harrison had obtained a quotation of £65.00 + VAT for a sign on the Hall Orchard gate. A site meeting will be arranged to decide if any other signs are required.

 

44.19 6)           Retention of Parish Council Documents: The Clerk was requested to order the shed identified by the Institute Committee and arrange for delivery to the Institute.

 

47 l9 1)            Email from Air Ambulance re placement of textile bank: Cllr Taft is arranging removal of the existing textile bank, which will be replaced with the Air Ambulance bank.

 

57.19 2)           Band Concert by Matlock Band: Matlock Band to be booked for 14th June 2020.

 

57.19 3)           Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests: Forms were distributed.

 

58.19 1)           Japanese Knotweed in Cemetery: Dr Pykett has made arrangements for the knotweed in The Vicarage garden to be treated and it was agreed that the parish council would make their own arrangements for treating the knotweed in the cemetery.

 

58.19 3)           Village information signs: For further discussion.

 

70.19 2)           Lighting in Court Lane: The Clerk had contacted Waterloo Housing requesting that the lights are dimmed at night, or put on a timer, and Waterloo had agreed to take action. The Clerk to pursue this.

 

70.19 6)           Additional Picnic Tables in Hall Orchard: To be ordered from Torne Valley. Mrs Whittaker had agreed for the Morton memorial plaque to be placed on one of the picnic tables.

 

70.19 7)           Security of Hall Orchard: Cllr Wakeman agreed to arrange for a lock for the gate.

 

70.19 10)         Junction Ashford Lane/Longstone Lane: Vegetation obscuring visibility and has become a hazard. Cllr Twigg to be informed.

 

70.19 11)         Conservation Work on Sheepwash Bridge: A response is awaited from DCC.

 

81.19 1)           Bins left on Footway: Cllr Wakeman agreed to look at having these bins removed by Serco, in particular those at 22 and 23 Fennel Street and Corner Cottage on Court Lane.

 

81.19 2)           Thefts from Pay and Display Machines: Recent incidents noted.

 

82.19               Items reported by Members:

 

82.19 1)           Overgrown footpath from Hill Cross to Hall Orchard: Cllr Taft agreed to liaise with Phil Riley regarding this.

 

82.19 2)           Benches around tree in Hall Orchard: These will be removed.

 

82.19 3)           Weed killing around the village: Carried out by DDDC once or twice a year.

 

82.19 4)           Grass in Hall Orchard: Cllr Taft will liaise with Phil Riley.

 

82.19 5)           Litter: Cllr Wakeman suggested a volunteer litter pick.

 

82.19 6)           Coin Counter: Cllr Taft had obtained coin counter and will provide a receipt so that reimbursement can be arranged.

 

82.19 7)           Blue bags containing clay left at Sheepwash Bridge: Arrangements to be made for these to be removed.

 

83.19               Planning Matters:

 

1) Planning consent and Listed Building consent: NP/DDD/0619/0658  &  NP/DDD/0619/0659 – Ashford Hall, including The Cottage, The Gardener’s Cottage and The Stable Block: The parish council accept the reasoning for the demolition of the later addition to the Hall (Billiard Room). The parish council also accept the reasoning for demolitions to the stable block, for which retrospective permission is sought (although the parish council generally disapproves of this breach of planning rules). Generally, the parish council are of the opinion that the proposals will enhance the Estate and ensure its long term future.  The parish council therefore supports these applications.

 

84.19               Financial Matters

 

Bank Balances Noted:

 

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                         £35,855.52

Current Account:                                                                               £250.00

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2) to approve payments of accounts:

 

  1. a)   Cleaning conveniences (to be advised) £400.00
  2. b)   Phil Riley (2 x grass cuts)         £975.00
  3. c)   Phil Riley (hedge cutting & strimming)          £800.00
  4. d)   Chemodex          £117.72
  5. e)   Fisher Electrical Services          £390.00
  6. f) Matlock Band                                                          £280.00
  7. g)   DDDC – wheeled bin         £110.50
  8. h)   Ben Furniss (painter & decorator) £920.00
  9. i) Cllr Windle (reimbursement for wall repair)          £60.00
  10. j)   Ashford Cricket Club (original donation cheque 1550

of 20 12 18 has been returned and destroyed)                       £100.00

 

 

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:

 

  1. a)   Interment fee – Mrs Phyllis Sheldon £200.00
  2. b)   Interment fee – Mr James Storr £200.00

 

85.19            Correspondence: None

 

86.19   Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will be will be held on Tuesday 3rd September 2019 commencing at 7.30 pm in The War Memorial Institute.