Minutes July 2020

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON THURSDAY 9th JULY 2020 VIA ZOOM

 

Present:          Cllr V Sidery (for part of meeting due to Zoom issues), Cllr R Spinks, Cllr B Taft; Cllr D Windle; Cllr A Sutton (for first part of meeting); Mrs A Fox (Clerk)

           

73.20               Apologies for Absence: Cllr C Harrison; Cllrs Akeroyd, & Williams (unable to access Zoom on this occasion); Cllr A Hill

 

74.20               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

75.20               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

76.20               Public Participation: Cllr Sutton reported on the following:

 

1)         Sarah Dines (MP for Derbyshire Dales) wishes to attend a future parish council meeting.

2)         Bakewell Conveniences: Now open with appropriate signage.

3)         Disposable BBQs: It is hope that these will be banned.

4)         Culvert at Highfields: This requires clearing. Cllr Sutton agreed to investigate this.

5)         Fly Tipping on A6: Cllr Sutton agreed to arrange for a letter to be sent.

6)         Speeding Motor Bikes on A6: Cllr Sutton will request a volunteer day for Ashford.

 

77.20               Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 11th June 2020: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Taft as a true record and seconded by Cllr Spinks. They will be signed by the Chairman at the next available meeting.

 

78.20               Confidentiality: None

 

79.20               Items reported by the Clerk:

 

92.17 1)           Public Conveniences:

 

  1. a) Closure: A quotation of £2,280.00 had been received from JK Plumbing & Heating for refurbishment of the conveniences. It was reported that this may increase by £240.00 in view of the additional work required. The quotation was agreed and Cllr Spinks will ask the contractor to proceed with the work. A risk assessment will need to be carried out prior to re-opening.

 

  1. b) Hand Gel and Dispensers: Now installed.

 

  1. c) Cleaning: The current cleaning arrangements will resume provided the necessary equipment is in place.

 

32.19 2)           Roundabout in Hall Orchard: Cllr Spinks is investigating repair options and will report back. Phil Riley is investigating repair of the woodwork.

 

32.19 4)           Dog signs in Hall Orchard, Sign on Hall Orchard Gate and other signs: Ongoing.

 

16.20 2)           Culvert at Highfields: See item 76.20 4).

 

121.19 1)         Usage of Telephone Kiosk: An article had been included in the parish magazine requesting suggestions from parishioners for the future use of the decommissioned telephone kiosk, but there had been no response. The Clerk was requested to enquire whether the electricity supply has been cut off.

 

20.20 3)           Damaged Picnic Table in Hall Orchard: Now repaired.

 

31.20 2)           2019/20 parish council accounts: Submitted to the external auditor.

 

56.20 2)           Ornamental Flower Bed: The Clerk reported that an invoice is still awaited for the purchase of the flowers.

 

67.20 1)           Email from Jay Hallsworth re running small boot camps on Hall Orchard: A sum of £25.00 was agreed as an appropriate donation for the use of the Hall Orchard.

 

68.20 1)           Parking Issues in Ashford: No further action required.

 

68.20 2)           Hedge trimming alongside allotments: Completed.

 

68.20 5)           Fly tipping alongside A6: See item 76.20 5).

 

68.20 9)           Removal of Disposable BBQs: Cllr Windle agreed to arrange for some suitable signs.

 

68.20 10)         Keys to post at Hall Orchard: Cllr Windle arranging additional keys.

 

68.20 12)         Email from an Ashford resident re speeding motor bikes on the A6: See item 76.20 6).

 

68.20 13)         Japanese Knotweed spreading to cemetery: To be included on the agenda of the next meeting and monitored in the meantime.

 

68.20 14)         Website Compliance: The Clerk had contacted the website advisor, Gareth Pugh, regarding the requirements and a response is awaited.

 

79.20 1)           Request for Memorial Bench: It was agreed that the most suitable location would be the space near the Riverside Hotel where there is already an anchor in the ground with which to secure the seat.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

80.20               Items raised by Members:

 

80.20 1)           Ashford Adder: To be included on the August agenda.

 

80.20 2)           Pavement on A6 between Buxton Road and village – overgrown: To be included on the August agenda.

 

80.20 3)           Dumping of rubbish in cemetery: Situation now resolved.

 

80.20 4)           Highfields Flood Channel: It was reported that sandbags are permanently in place. When it rains, the onus is on residents to administer the sandbags. The Clerk was requested to contact Cllr Twigg with a view to arranging an inspection and a subsequent improved scheme.

 

81.20               Planning Matters: None.

 

82.20               Financial Matters

 

Bank Balances Noted:          

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                         £39,300.09

Current Account:                                                                               £250.00

 

           2) to approve payments of accounts:

  1. a)   Chemodex £143.04
  2. b)   Phil Riley £2,912.50
  3. c)   DDDC (wheeled bin) £113.10

                                                                          

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:

  1. a)   VAT reimbursement           £2,343.97
  2. b)   Allotment rental £10.00
  3. c)   Allotment rental £10.00
  4. d)   Honesty box (conveniences) £384.00

 

83.20            Correspondence:

 

83.20 1)           Email from Marie Curie requesting donation: It was decided not to proceed with a donation at the present time.

 

84.20   Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will take place either via Zoom or at the War Memorial Institute on Thursday 13th August 2020 at 7.30 pm.