Minutes June 2019

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISHCOUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON THURSDAY 20TH JUNE 2019 IN ASHFORD INSTITUTE

 

Present:          Cllr D Windle, Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr C Harrison, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks,

Cllr B Taft, Cllr T Williams, Cllr A Hill, Cllr M Wakeman, Mrs A Fox (Clerk),

Mr Daniell

 

63.19               Apologies for Absence: Cllr A Hill, Cllr J Twigg, Cllr M Wakeman

 

64.19               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

65.19               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

66.19               Public Participation: Mr Daniell was welcomed to the meeting and had attended to discuss his planning application for Churchdale Cottage, which was approved by the parish council.

 

67.19               Minutes of the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council held 16th May 2019: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Williams as a true record, seconded by Cllr Sidery and signed by the Chairman.

 

68.19               Confidentiality: None

 

69.19               Items reported by the Clerk:

 

92.17 1)           Public Conveniences: The electrical work is completed. It was agreed that the fuse board would be renewed at a cost of £390.00 and that a certificate would be issued. The Clerk was also requested to contact Ben Furniss to arrange for the painting work to be commenced.

 

105.17 1)         Hall Orchard – Car Park Re-surfacing: A quotation of £6,265.00 had been received from Austin Brady: the parish council agreed to accept this if the work could be completed for £6,000.00. The quotation of £1,000 was accepted for the white/yellow lining and the parish council requested to see a plan of the white/yellow lining before work commences.

 

126.18 c)         Hedge on A6: Ongoing

 

126.18 d)         Ashford Sign: Sign still awaiting cleaning.

 

82.18 1)           Repairs to Playground Equipment: completed.

 

08.19 1)           Unsightly Wooden Panels – Enquiries ongoing.

 

31.19 1)           Audit of 2018/19 Accounts: The 2018/19 accounts were presented, reviewed and approved by the parish council and will be forwarded to the external auditor.

 

57.19 1)           Site Meeting to discuss flooding issues: Ongoing.

 

32.19 2)           Roundabout in Hall Orchard: A quotation of £1,200.00 + VAT had been received from Enviroplay. Cllr Taft agreed to ask Chris Bettney to inspect the roundabout and advise on work required.

 

32.19 4)           Dog signs in Hall Orchard: It was agreed that the large signs purchased previously would now be put into use.

 

32.19 6)           Trees in Churchyard: Site meeting to be arranged with the Chairman to discuss additional tree maintenance work. On receipt of quotation, the Clerk was requested to enquire whether the PCC would be willing to make a contribution. Decision to be made at next meeting regarding contacting the PDNPA.

 

44.19 1)           Bin on Sheepwash Bridge: Not removed as yet.

 

44.19 4)           Sign on Hall Orchard Gate and other signs: Cllr Harrison had obtained a quotation of £65.00 + VAT for a sign on the Hall Orchard gate. To discuss again at the next meeting when a list of required signs will be compiled.

 

44.19 6)           Retention of Parish Council Documents: It was reported that the Institute had allotted a filing cabinet for parish council use.

 

47 l9 1)            Email from Air Ambulance re placement of textile bank: Cllr Taft agreed to arrange removal of the existing textile bank, which will be replaced with the Air Ambulance bank.

 

57.19 2)           Band Concert by Matlock Band: Arranged for Sunday 23rd June.

 

57.19 3)           Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests: The Clerk was requested to bring forms to the next meeting.

 

58.19 1)           Japanese Knotweed in Cemetery: A response had been received from Dr Pykett, who is taking action and will keep the parish council informed.

 

58.19 3)           Village information signs: To be discussed at the next meeting.

 

58.19 4)           Feeding birds in Hall Orchard: This activity has now ceased.

 

70.19               Items reported by Members:

 

70.19 1)           Lighting in the Toilets: Completed

 

70.19 2)           Lighting in Court Lane: The Clerk was requested to contact Waterloo Housing requesting that the lights are dimmed at night, or put on a timer, as they are currently very bright.

 

70.19 3)           Welcome Sign at Entrance to Village: To discuss at next meeting.

 

70.19 4)           2019 Derbyshire Lamp Post Poppies campaign: It was decided not to participate.

 

70.19 5)           Grass cutting on Hall End Lane: Completed

 

70.19 6)           Additional Picnic Tables in Hall Orchard: To discuss at next meeting and to review range offered by Torne Valley.

 

70.19 7)           Security of Hall Orchard: To discuss again at the next meeting.

 

70.19 8)           Road Surfacing – Dukes Drive: The Clerk was requested to contact the District & County Councillors to request repair or resurfacing.

 

70.19 9)           Noise of motorbikes onA6: Cllr Twigg to be informed.

 

70.19 10)         Junction Vicarage Lane/Greaves Lane (B6465): Vegetation obscuring visibility. Cllr Twigg to be informed.

 

70.19 11)         Conservation Work on Sheepwash Bridge: The Clerk was requested to contact English Heritage regarding the repair work required.

 

70.19 12)         Bins left on footway: To discuss at next meeting with a view to requesting a mailshot from DDDC to all Ashford residents.

 

71.19               Planning Matters:

 

1) Decision: The Grange, Greaves Lane – Internal alterations & extension: Refused

2)  Application: NP/DDD/0519/0498 – Churchdale Cottage, Baslow Road: Erection of greenhouse: The parish council has no objection.

3)  Application: NP/DDD/0619/0575 – Sparrow Cottage, Hill Cross: Alteration to dwelling, conversion of garage to kitchen: The parish council has no objection.

 

72.19               Financial Matters

Bank Balances Noted:

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                         £43,523.30

Current Account:                                                                               £250.00

 

2) to approve payments of accounts:

  1. a)   Cleaning conveniences £350.00
  2. b)   Phil Riley (3 x grass cuts) £1,462.50
  3. c)   Chemodex          £149.04
  4. d)   Allen, West & Foster (payroll) £144.00
  5. e)   Allen, West & Foster (audit) £396.00
  6. f) Calver Sough Nurseries            £62.49
  7. g)   Ridings Mobility (playground repair) £3,600.00
  8. h)   Clerk’s salary for 3 month period £780.00
  9. i) Clerk’s expenses for 3 month period          £172.97
  10. j)   HMRC(tax on Clerk’s salary) £195.00
  11. k) Fisher Electrical Services £776.17
  12. l)   David Windle (reimbursement: repair of wall/plants)       £68.97

 

 

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:

 

  1. a)   DDC – Rights of Way reimbursement £430.00
  2. b)   The Bull’s Head re conveniences £716.00

 

73.19            Correspondence:

 

73.19 1)           Letter from Mrs Margery Whittaker re seat in Hall Orchard: It was agreed that Mr Barrie Marsden would be asked to remove the plaque and take the seat apart and that the Clerk would ask Mrs Whittaker if she would wish to contribute towards one of the new picnic tables and to have the plaque thus reinstated.

 

61.19 1)           Request from the War Memorial Institute for donation towards a larger outdoor storage facility: The cost of this would be £369.99. The parish council agreed to fund this.

 

73.19 2)           Coin Counter: Cllr Taft requested a new coin counter for counting the coins in the honesty box. This was agreed.

 

74.19   Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will be will be held on Tuesday 30th July 2019 commencing at 7.30 pm in The War Memorial Institute.