Minutes June 2020

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON THURSDAY 11th JUNE 2020 VIA ZOOM

 

Present:          Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr C Harrison, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks, Cllr B Taft,

Mrs A Fox (Clerk)

           

61.20               Apologies for Absence: Cllr T Williams, Cllr D Windle (unable to maintain access to Zoom on this occasion), Cllr A Hill, Cllr A Sutton, Cllr J Twigg,

Cllr M Wakeman

 

62.20               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

63.20               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

64.20               Public Participation: None

 

65.20               Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 14th May 2020: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Spinks as a true record and seconded by Cllr Akeroyd. They will be signed by the Chairman at the next available meeting.

 

66.20               Confidentiality: None

 

67.20               Items reported by the Clerk:

 

92.17 1)           Public Conveniences:

 

  1. a) Closure: It was agreed that the guidelines issued by DDDC will be followed. The Clerk was also requested to request copies of the signage which will be used by DDDC once the facilities re-open.
  2. b) Water Plus Meters: It has been established that there are 2 meters, only one of which is in use. It was agreed that a monthly bill will be required once the conveniences re-open.
  3. c) Hand Gel and Dispensers: It was agreed that 2 gel dispensers will be required at a cost of £116.00 each. Cllr Spinks agreed to obtain these.

 

32.19 2)           Roundabout in Hall Orchard: The play area is currently closed. The roundabout will be included on the July agenda. The Clerk was asked to enquire of

Cllr Wakeman whether any surplus playground equipment is available within the district.

 

32.19 4)           Dog signs in Hall Orchard, Sign on Hall Orchard Gate and other signs: Ongoing.

 

16.20 2)           Culvert at Highfields: Meeting on hold.

 

121.19 1)         Usage of Telephone Kiosk: It was agreed that an article would be included in the parish magazine requesting suggestions from parishioners for the future use of the decommissioned telephone kiosk.

 

20.20 3)           Damaged Picnic Table in Hall Orchard: Cllr Sidery agreed to contact

Mr Barrie Marsden to request a price for repair of the picnic table. Prices of new picnic tables will also be researched.

 

31.20 2)           Approval of 2019/20 parish council accounts: The accounts had been circulated electronically to all parish councillors in advance of the meeting and were approved. The accounts will be signed by the Chairman following the meeting and submitted to the external auditor.

 

55.20 2)           Small Business Rate Relief Grant: A sum of £10,000.00 has been received from DDDC.

 

56.20 1)           Memorial Seat near Sheepwash Bridge: This has now been removed.

 

56.20 2)           Ornamental Flower Bed: It had been agreed that £100 could be spent on flowers, but it had been necessary to spend in excess of £100 in order to obtain the appropriate amount of flowers. The parish council approved this and the invoice is awaited.

 

56.20 5)           Drains on Court Lane: The drains have been cleared.

 

67.20 1)           Email from Jay Hallsworth re running small boot camps on Hall Orchard: The parish council approved this, subject to the Hall Orchard being left in a tidy and clean condition. The Clerk was also asked to request a donation from Mr Hallsworth for the use of the Hall Orchard.

 

67.20 2)           Additional Inscription on existing Memorial re the late Mr Thomas Brocklehurst: This was approved.

 

68.20               Items raised by Members:

 

68.20 1)           Parking Issues in Ashford: Cllr Harrison had requested an inspection. The Clerk was requested to expedite this.

 

68.20 2)           Hedge trimming alongside allotments: The Clerk will contact Cllr Wakeman regarding this.

 

68.20 3)           Footpath13, Hall End Lane to A6020 & inside Sheepwash Pen- strimming required: Cllr Taft agreed to contact Phil Riley.

 

68.20 4)           Trees growing from masonry on Sheepwash Bridge: Cllr Taft agreed to contact Phil Riley.

 

68.20 5)           Fly tipping alongside A6: Cllr Taft agreed to photograph this and send to Cllrs Twigg and Wakeman.

 

 

 

 

68.20 6&7)      Repairs to woodwork on play equipment: A quotation had been received from Ben Furniss for £800.00. Cllrs Harrison, Spinks and Taft agreed to meet and inspect the equipment on 12th June at 10.00 am.

 

68.20 8)           Request for commercial link to website: This request was considered inappropriate and will be refused.

 

68.20 9)           Removal of Disposable BBQs: It was agreed that advice would be sought regarding the signage used by DDDC.

 

68.20 10)         Keys to post at Hall Orchard: It was agreed that 3 sets of keys would be required with one each for Cllr Windle, Phil Riley and Mettams.

 

68.20 11)         Conversion/refurbishment of The Old School – disruption caused by parking of skips/vehicles: Situation to be monitored.

 

68.20 12)         Email from an Ashford resident re speeding motor bikes on the A6: Speed traps to be requested.

 

68.20 13)         Japanese Knotweed spreading to cemetery: Cllr Windle has agreed to follow this up.

 

68.20 14)         Website Compliance: The Clerk was requested to contact the website advisor, Gareth Pugh, regarding the requirements.

 

69.20               Planning Matters:

  1. a) The Old School – Conversion and refurbishment: Granted subject to conditions.

 

70.20               Financial Matters

 

Bank Balances Noted:          

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                         £39,440.43

Current Account:                                                                               £250.00

 

           2) to approve payments of accounts:

  1. a)   Allen West & Foster (payroll services) £156.00
  2. b) Clerk’s salary for 3 month period            £780.00
  3. c)   Clerk’s expenses for 3 month period – to be advised £105.02                      
  4. d)   HMRC (tax on Clerk’s salary) £195.00
  5. e)   Chairman’s Allowance £800.00
  6. f)   Pigeon Tech (website) £57.60
  7. h)   Phil Riley (grass cutting & maintenance) £1,495.00

                                                                          

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:

  1. a)   Daynes Monumentals re additional inscription £30.00
  2. b)   DDDC (Covid-19 grant) £10,000.00

 

71.20            Correspondence: None

 

72.20   Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will take place via Zoom on

Thursday 9th July 2020 at 7.00 pm.