Minutes May 2019

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISH COUNCIL

HELD ON THURSDAY 16th MAY 2019 IN ASHFORD SCHOOL

 

Present:          Cllr D Windle, Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr C Harrison, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks,

Cllr B Taft, Cllr T Williams, Cllr A Hill, Cllr M Wakeman, Mrs A Fox (Clerk),

 

49.19               Election of Chairman: Cllr David Windle was proposed by Cllr Williams, seconded by Cllr Spinks, and elected as Chairman

 

50.19               Election of Vice Chairman: Cllr Ben Taft was proposed by Cllr Spinks, seconded by Cllr Akeroyd, and elected as Vice Chairman.

 

51.19               Apologies for Absence: Cllr J Twigg

 

52.19               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

53.19               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

54.19               Public Participation: District Cllrs Aly Hill and Mark Wakeman were welcomed to the meeting.

 

55.19               Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 23rd April 2019: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Akeroyd as a true record, seconded by Cllr Taft and signed by the Chairman.

 

56.19               Confidentiality: None

 

57.19               Items reported by the Clerk:

 

92.17 1)           Public Conveniences: Details of electricity and water suppliers are still awaited from DDDC. Cllr Wakeman is pursuing this. Two quotations had been received regarding the painting: £1,600.00 from Jason Rowland and £920.00 from Ben Furniss. The latter quotation from Ben Furniss was accepted. A quotation of £776.17 had also been received from Alex Fisher for the electrical work and this was accepted. The Clerk was requested to contact both by email and confirm the parish council’s acceptance.

 

105.17 1)         Sports Equipment for Hall Orchard: It was decided to defer this until the car park has been resurfaced. Cllrs Harrison, Taft and Williams agreed to obtain quotations for the car park resurfacing and Cllr Wakeman agreed to find out which contractor DDDC use.

 

126.18 c)         Hedge on A6: Ongoing

 

126.18 d)         Ashford Sign: The sign requires cleaning. Mr Wakeman had passed this to

Cllr Twigg.

 

 

82.18 1)           Repairs to Playground Equipment: Partially completed.

 

08.19 1)           Unsightly Wooden Panels – Enquiries ongoing.

 

31.19 1)           Audit of 2018/19 Accounts: The Clerk confirmed that Mr John Foster is assisting with the internal and external audit of the 2018/19 accounts.

 

32.19 1)           Flood Relief Channel, Highfields: The Clerk was requested to thank DCC for the efficient way in which they had cleared this channel.

 

57.19 1)           Site Meeting to discuss flooding issues: Cllr Windle agreed to contact Richard Ward of DCC.

 

32.19 2)           Roundabout in Hall Orchard: Quotation awaited.

 

32.19 4)           Dog signs in Hall Orchard: The Clerk was requested to contact DDDC for advice regarding the dog fouling in the Hall Orchard.

 

32.19 6)           Trees in Churchyard: A quotation for £1,010.00 had been received from Mr Neil Tomlinson. The Clerk was requested to contact Mr Tomlinson and find out if he had inspected the conifer in the north-west corner of the churchyard as it sways alarmingly in the wind.

 

44.19 1)           Bin on Sheepwash Bridge: Cllrs Hill and Wakeman confirmed that DDDC would not be replacing this bin and they agreed to arrange for it to be removed.

 

44.19 3)           Replacement of wooden board in flood barrier at the Sheepwash Bridge: This had been replaced by the Environmental Agency. Cllr Harrison agreed to arrange for the wood to be treated.

 

44.19 4)           Sign on Hall Orchard Gate and other signs: Cllr Harrison agreed to source appropriate signs.

 

44.19 6)           Retention of Parish Council Documents: It was agreed that arrangements would be made for the parish council minutes, and other items, to be transferred to the County archives.

 

47.19 1)       Email from Air Ambulance re placement of textile bank: The Clerk was requested to obtain the dimensions of the textile bank.

 

47.19 2)         Bin near conveniences: This bin has now been emptied.

 

57.19 2)           Band Concert by Matlock Band: The Clerk confirmed that this had been arranged for Sunday 23rd June.

 

57.19 3)           Register of Disclosable Pecuniary Interests: The Councillors confirmed having received details of the relevant forms.

 

58.19               Items reported by Members:

 

58.19 1)           Japanese Knotweed in Cemetery: The Clerk was requested to contact Dr Pykett in the Old Vicarage to inform him of the Japanese knotweed near his boundary with the old cemetery. The parish council are preparing to treat this.

 

58.19 2)           Ornamental Flower Bed: The parish council agreed that the ornamental flower bed should be planted.

 

58.19 3)           Village information signs: It was agreed that a customised sign would be appropriate. The Clerk was requested to investigate suppliers.

 

58.19 4)           Feeding birds in Hall Orchard: Complaints had been received regarding vermin being attracted to the Hall Orchard by bird feeding activities. The Clerk was requested to write a letter regarding this.

 

59.19               Planning Matters: None

 

60.19               Financial Matters

 

Bank Balances Noted:

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                         £45,522.86

Current Account:                                                                               £250.00

 

2) to approve payments of accounts:

  1. a)   Jayne Taft (to be advised) £240.00
  2. b)   DALC Subscription £164.14
  3. c)   Community Heartbeat Trust £235.00
  4. d)   Phil Riley (grass cutting) £975.00
  5. e)   Pigeon Tech (Website hosting renewal fee) £68.00
  6. f)  Insurance renewal (BHIB) £800.64
  7. g)   Chemodex £35.04
  8. h)   Chairman’s allowance £775.00

 

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:

  1. a)   DDDC – parish precept 2019/20 £16,915.00
  2. b)   Aviva (Insurance payment) £6,511.60

 

61.19            Correspondence:

 

61.19 1)           Request from the War Memorial Institute for donation towards a larger outdoor storage facility: The Clerk to request details of the costs involved, for discussion at the June meeting.

 

61.19 2)           Request for contribution towards well dressing signs: The Clerk to request details of costs involved. It will be too late for this year and the parish council already donate £100 each year to the Well Dressing Committee.

 

62.19   Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will be will be held on Thursday 20th June 2019 commencing at 7.30 pm in The War Memorial Institute.