Minutes September 2019

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON TUESDAY 3rd SEPTEMBER 2019 IN ASHFORD INSTITUTE

 

Present:          Cllr D Windle, Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr C Harrison, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks,

Cllr B Taft, Cllr T Williams, Mrs A Fox (Clerk),

 

87.19               Apologies for Absence: Cllr A Hill, Cllr J Twigg

 

88.19               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

89.19               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

90.19               Public Participation: None

 

91.19               Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 30th July 2019: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Williams as a true record, seconded by Cllr Spinks and signed by the Chairman.

 

92.19               Confidentiality: None

 

93.19               Items reported by the Clerk:

 

92.17 1)           Public Conveniences: Cllr Sidery reported that a tap in the ladies’ toilet is constantly dripping. The Clerk was also requested to contact DDDC regarding the water and electricity services.

 

105.17 1)         Hall Orchard – Car Park Re-surfacing: Date awaited.

 

57.19 1)           Site Meeting to discuss flooding issues: The Clerk will forward a further copy of the email to Cllr Windle so that a site meeting can be arranged.

 

32.19 2)           Roundabout in Hall Orchard: Mr Chris Bettney has agreed to undertake the repair.

 

32.19 4)           Dog signs in Hall Orchard, Sign on Hall Orchard Gate and other signs: A site meeting will be arranged to decide where signs are to be located.

 

32.19 6)           Trees in Churchyard: Date awaited for commencement of the work.

 

44.19 1)           Bin on Sheepwash Bridge: This item to be removed from the agenda.

 

44.19 6)           Retention of Parish Council Documents: The purchase price of £349.99 was agreed for the shed. The Clerk was requested to contact the Archives Department in Matlock regarding archiving of parish council minutes.

 

47 l9 1)            Email from Air Ambulance re placement of textile bank: Cllr Taft is arranging removal of the existing textile bank, which will be replaced with the Air Ambulance bank.

 

57.19 2)           Band Concert by Matlock Band: Matlock Band have been booked for 14th June 2020 at a cost of £280.00.

 

58.19 1)           Japanese Knotweed in Cemetery: It was agreed that the parish council do not wish to proceed with the quotation offered by Mr Adrian Burke.

 

58.19 3)           Village information signs: For further discussion.

 

70.19 2)           Lighting in Court Lane: The Clerk had contacted Waterloo Housing requesting that the lights are dimmed at night, or put on a timer, and Waterloo had agreed to take action, but no action taken as yet. The Clerk to pursue this.

 

70.19 6)           Additional Picnic Tables in Hall Orchard: As Torne Valley do not have any picnic tables available at present, it was agreed to obtain a brochure from Rutland County Garden Furniture, MG Timber Products and Pubshop PRS Solutions for discussion at the next meeting.

 

70.19 7)           Security of Hall Orchard: Cllr Wakeman had kindly sourced a gate post lock, for which reimbursement will be arranged.

 

70.19 10)         Junction Ashford Lane/Longstone Lane: Vegetation obscuring visibility and has become a hazard. Cllrs Twigg and Wakeman to be informed.

 

70.19 11)         Conservation Work on Sheepwash Bridge: DCC had responded saying they are responsible for the bridge, but not the sheep pen.

 

70.19 8)           Road Surfacing – Dukes Drive: DCC had confirmed they will be undertaking this.

 

81.19 1)           Bins left on Footway: The Clerk was requested to ask Cllr Wakeman to arrange for Serco to contact the owners of Corner Cottage, 10 Court Lane, to inform them that their bins will be removed if they persist in leaving them on the footway.

 

82.19 7)           Blue bags containing clay left at Sheepwash Bridge: now removed.

 

93.19 1)           Cemetery: To be placed on the agenda for discussion at the next meeting. The Clerk was requested to bring all the relevant books and registers to the meeting.

 

93.19 2)           Memorial Application for the late Mrs Villiers: Approved.

 

93.13 3)           Christmas Tree: For discussion at the next meeting

 

94.19               Items reported by Members:

 

94.19 1)           Fallen Branches on Daybell’s Bank: The Clerk was requested to ask Phil Riley to remove this.

 

 

 

 

 

94.19 2)           Work at the Old School: Several complaints have been received from residents regarding the way in which the Old School has been boarded up, creating an eyesore. The Chairman had written a letter of complaint to the Diocese and Cllr Harrison had been in contact with the Peak Park Authority. The Clerk was requested to write a letter of complaint to the Diocese and to the Bishop.

 

94.19 3)           Gatepost – Mill Lane: Repair work arranged.

 

95.19               Planning Matters:

 

1) Application: NP/DDD/0819/0865 – 3 Ashford Lane – Extension to dwelling: The parish council has no objection to this application.

 

96.19               Financial Matters

 

Bank Balances Noted:

 

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                         £32,894.31

Current Account:                                                                               £250.00

 

2) to approve payments of accounts:

 

  1. a)   Cleaning conveniences
  2. b)   Community Heartbeat Trust (defib – 2 invoices) £470.00
  3. c)   J K Plumbing & Heating (work in conveniences) £80.00
  4. d)   Chemodex £47.64
  5. e)   DDDC – Parish Council Election Charges £920.74
  6. h)   Clerk’s salary for 3 month period £780.00
  7. i) Clerk’s expenses for 3 month period          £135.37
  8. j)   HMRC (tax on Clerk’s salary) £195.00

 

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:

 

  1. a)   Dr Cooke – Allotment rental £10.00
  2. b)   Mr Davison – Allotment rental £10.00
  3. c)   Daynes Monumental – re Mrs Alice Villiers £30.00
  4. d)   DDDC – grass cutting reimbursement £1,020.00

 

97.19            Correspondence: None

 

98.19   Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will be will be held on Tuesday 1st October 2019 commencing at 7.30 pm in The War Memorial Institute.