Minutes September 2020

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD ON

THURSDAY 17th SEPTEMBER 2020 IN THE WAR MEMORIAL INSTITUTE

 

Present:          Cllr D Windle (Chairman); Cllr R Akeroyd; Cllr C Harrison; Cllr V Sidery;

Cllr R Spinks, Cllr B Taft; Cllr T Williams; Mrs A Fox (Clerk)

           

97.20               Apologies for Absence: Cllr A Hill; Cllr A Sutton

 

98.20               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

99.20               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

100.20             Public Participation: None

 

101.20             Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 13th August 2020: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Taft as a true record, seconded by Cllr Sidery and signed by the Chairman.

 

102.20             Confidentiality: None

 

103.20             Items reported by the Clerk:

 

91.20 1)           Public Conveniences: The key safe is in place. Signs have been erected. Some plumbing work is still required in that a new sink and tap are required in the disabled toilet. Cllr Spinks agreed to arrange for J&K Plumbing to complete this work.

 

91.20 2)           Play Area:

 

91.20 2a)         Roundabout and other Repairs: Roundabout now repaired. Phil Riley has begun the remaining repair work

 

103.20 1)         Risk Assessments: Risk assessments are required for the playground, conveniences, cemetery and Clerk’s work space. Cllr Windle reported having started work on these.

 

103.20 2)         Playground Inspection: The Clerk was requested to obtain quotations.

 

32.19 4)           Dog signs in Hall Orchard, Sign on Hall Orchard Gate and other signs: Information awaited from Cllr Wakeman regarding the signs currently used in Bakewell.

 

16.20 2)           Culvert/Flood Channel at Highfields: Cllr Windle is still awaiting contact from Cllr Twigg/DCC re arrangements for a site meeting.

 

 

121.19 1)         Usage of Telephone Kiosk: It was agreed that the best use of the kiosk may be as a book exchange venue and that shelves could be installed for this purpose. Cllr Williams agreed to liaise with Mrs Kath Williams and Mrs Angela Unwin to enquire whether they would be interested in managing this.

 

68.20 10)         Keys to post at Hall Orchard: The keys are now deposited in the key safe.

 

103.20 1)         Additional Grass Cuts: It was agreed that Mr Phil Riley should carry out 2 additional cuts for the 1920 season. The Clerk to liaise with Mr Riley.

 

103.20 2)         Speeding Motor Bikes on A6 – Complaint from Resident: This matter is being dealt with by Cllr Sutton on behalf of DDDC.

 

91.20 3)           Letter from Ashford resident regarding traffic issues in the village: Cllr Windle had carried out a number of snap traffic surveys, the results of which had been sent to the resident concerned. Cllr Harrison agreed to liaise with the resident regarding further action.

 

68.20 14)         Website Compliance: The Clerk had contacted the website advisor, Gareth Pugh, who is providing advice.

 

80.20 1)           Ashford Adder: It was agreed that a suitable board could be erected near the children’s play area where the stones can be displayed. This would need to be in keeping with the conservation area and must be durable.

 

92.20 1)           Grass cutting outside bungalows on Court Lane: This is now being undertaken by the Housing Association.

 

92.20 2)           Wall near conveniences requiring repair: Cllr Taft is obtaining quotations. Cllr Williams also agreed to obtain a quotation.

 

103.20 2)         Band Concert 2021: It was agreed to ask Matlock Band to undertake this once again. The required date will be Sunday 6th June. The Clerk was asked to arrange this.

 

103.20 3)         Bank Mandate: The new bank mandate was signed by Cllrs Harrison and Sidery so that their names can be added to the mandate.

 

104.20             Items raised by Members:

 

104.20 1)         Village Maintenance: The following items were identified as requiring maintenance:

 

1) Wells – require painting

2) Benches – Cllr Williams agreed to inspect, particularly the round seats attached to trees.

3) Playground

4) Fences

 

Action would also be taken to try and contact the families of memorial benches which have fallen into disrepair.

 

104.20 2)         Riverside Hotel: It was reported that the beech tree has split the boundary wall. The Clerk was requested to contact the owners to request repair as public seats are located along this wall, and also to request that the trees are cut back as they are encroaching on the bandstand.

 

104.20 3)         Waste Bins, Pennyunk Lane: Now resolved.

 

104.20 4)         Christmas Tree Quotations: A quotation had been received as follows:

 

1 x 20 foot Spruce/Fir: £225.00

1 x 13 foot Spruce/Fir: £100.00

Delivery: £40.00

 

Cllr Spinks agreed to endeavor to obtain a lower price if possible.

 

104.20 5)         Evergreen Seats from Earth Anchors Ltd: To be considered for the future.

 

105.20             Planning Matters: None.

 

106.20             Financial Matters

 

Bank Balances Noted:          

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                         £33,550.06

Current Account:                                                                               £290.00

 

           2) to approve payments of accounts:

 

  1. a)   Conveniences – cleaning £390.00
  2. b)   Chemodex (4 invoices) £357.96
  3. c)   Clerk’s salary for 3 month period £780.00
  4. d)   Clerk’s expenses for 3 month period – £111.85               
  5. e)   HMRC (tax on Clerk’s salary) £195.00
  6. f) Mark Garratt, MG Fabrications £280.00

                                                                          

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:

 

  1. a)   JH Fitness £25.00
  2. b)   Honesty box £1,389.00

 

107.20          Correspondence:

 

107.20 a)     Email from DDDC re Weed Spraying: The parish council have no objection to the continuance of the current weed spraying arrangements.

107.20 b)     Email from DDDC re Review of Electoral Ward Boundaries: Noted

107.20 c)       Email from What3Words: No further action at present.

 

108.20 Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will take place at the War Memorial Institute on Thursday 15th October 2020 at 7.30 pm.